Team Eligibility. You may form teams with players over more than one birth year. However, the younger players should be of a standard to complete successfully with the older players on the roster.
- No overtime, timeouts, injury time or stoppage time;
- Teams are comprised of four outfield players and one goalkeeper;
- No off-sides;
- Unlimited Substitutions;
- ABSOLUTELY no slide tackling or leaving your feet for any reason;
- No heading will be permitted for the U11 and younger brackets;
- The pass back rule will be played at all age groups. Once the keeper touches the ball, they the keeper cannot play the ball again until ball is touched by an opponent;
- Teams will switch benches at the beginning of half-time;
- All substitutions are on the fly, this includes goalkeeping substitutions. Referees will not stop play for goalkeeping substitutions.
- A substitute may not enter the match until the player leaving the match is at the touchline in the substitution zone.
- Any substitute who enters the field of play before the player being replaced has completely left the field of play may be shown a yellow card.
- All substitutions must take place in the technical area (in front of the team bench) NOT at the half-way line.
- All substitutes must wear pennies/bibs. A substitute may enter the pitch after handing the bib to the player being replaced in the marked technical area. Pennies/bibs must not conflict with the team's jerseys.
- All teams will switch benches (and ends) at the beginning of halftime, ensuring that all substitutions take place in the defensive half.
- Kick-Offs are indirect. The ball must be played forward first. Tapped balls are not in play – the ball must move forward.
- Kick-Ins are indirect. The ball must be placed on or no more than 10 inches behind the line and the kick must be taken within 4 seconds. The kicker's non-kicking foot must be out of bounds or on the line. (A kick-in that goes directly in the opposing goal is a goal clearance for the opposing team. A kick-in that goes directly in the defensive goal is a corner kick of the opposing team.).
- Goal Clearances: are taken when the ball wholly crosses the goal line after being touched last by the attacking team. The goalkeeper must use his hands to roll, bounce or throw the ball from anywhere inside the penalty area to outside the penalty area.
- Corner Kicks are direct. The ball must be placed directly on the corner spot and the kick must be taken within 4 seconds.
- Free Kicks may be indirect or direct. The ball must be stopped completely before the kick may be taken.
- Penalty Kicks are taken from the penalty spot and must be shot at goal by a clearly identified kicker. Defenders may not be nearer to the ball than 16 feet and must be behind an imaginary line running from touchline to touchline even with the penalty spot.
- Distance. For all of the above, except goal clearances, opponents may not be closer to the ball than 16 feet.
- Ceiling: If the ball hits the ceiling or other object, the team that did not touch the ball last restarts play with a kick-in from the nearest point on the touchline.
Fouls and Misconduct
- Indirect Free Kicks. When a player plays in a dangerous manner, impedes an opponent (without playing the ball), slides, prevents the goalkeeper from releasing the ball with his/her hands or commits any offence for which play is stopped to caution or eject a player.
- Direct Free Kicks. When a player:
- Kicks or attempts to kick an opponent (automatic yellow card/caution);
- Slide tackles an opponent or slides with an opponent near (automatic yellow card/caution);
- Jumps at an opponent;
- Charges at an opponent;
- Strikes or attempts to strike an opponent;
- Pushes an opponent;
- Holds an opponent;
- Spits at an opponent;
- Handles the ball deliberately.
- Yellow Card/Caution. The offending player is shown a yellow card. If a player earns two yellow cards in a match, he is shown a red card.
- Red Card/Ejection. The offending team plays down for two minutes unless scored upon before the two-minute penalty expires. The offending player serves a minimum one-match suspension.
Second Penalty Spot. 30 feet from the center of the goal.
Penalty Spot. 20 feet from the center of the goal.
Accumulated Fouls Penalty Kick (AFPK)
- All penal fouls are recorded on the scoresheet and on the scoreboard. If red fouls blue a sixth time in one half, for that sixth penal foul and all subsequent penal fouls in that half, blue is awarded an accumulated fouls penalty kick.
- If the foul occurs farther from the attacking goal than the second penalty spot, the AFPK is taken from the second penalty spot.
- If the foul occurs nearer to the attacking goal than the second penalty spot (but outside the penalty area), the attacking team may choose whether to take the AFPK from the second penalty spot or from the spot of the foul.
- All AFPK's must be shot at goal by a clearly identified kicker.
- The defending team may not make a wall and may not be nearer to the ball than 16 feet and must be behind an imaginary line running from touchline to touchline even with the spot of the kick.
- The goalkeeper may be off his/her line, but may not be nearer than 16 feet from the ball. Accumulated fouls are reset to zero at the beginning of the second half.
- Must wear a different color shirt. May wear long pants and/or other padding as deemed safe by the match referee.
- May receive a kick-in directly.
- May kick the ball directly over the half-way line.
- May score directly with his/her feet during the run of play.
- May not punt or drop-kick the ball. Ball must settle to the ground or be touched first, no "air" under the ball when kicked.
- May not possess the ball for more than four seconds in his/her own half.
- May throw the ball directly across the half-way line. A ball thrown directly into the opposing goal results in a goal clearance for the opposing team.
- May not throw the ball into the opponent’s penalty arc.
- May only touch/receive the ball once per team possession.
Equipment. Player equipment must conform to FIFA rules. All players will wear shin-guards (under the socks).
Roster Size. Player roster size is limited to 10 players.
Duration of Game. Two twenty (20) minute halves. One three (3) minute half time. No Overtime. Referees will keep time for all matches.